Part of the Doheny Lifestyle is a Backup Plan
Learn about our industry-leading e-bike warranty
Purchasing an e-bike is an investment. But many e-bikes only come with a one year warranty.
At Doheny, we’re different. We offer five years on the bike frame, and a prorated warranty up to 5 years on the battery as well, with one year on the remaining components. Here’s the details of our warranty so you know what is covered and how it all works.
Some important things to know about our warranty:
- Our limited warranty covers problems related to manufacture and workmanship on the bike. Issues created by normal wear and tear are not included.
- Our limited warranty covers only the original purchaser of the bike.
- The warranty may be voided if you use non original parts or get third party service done on the bike.
What is Covered on the E-bike Frame?
Doheny Bike frames are covered by a five (5) year replacement warranty for the original purchaser. This warranty includes a replacement frame only. Labor charges related to changeover parts for the replacement frame are not included.
Other things to know about bike frame warranty coverage:
- We may use scratch and dent stock when replacing a frame under this warranty.
- While we will strive to provide a similar color or frame style, we may use a different style frame or color if the original is not available.
Some frame issues are not covered by the warranty. These include:
- Damage to frame from an impact
- Paint fade, scratches or impact marks
- Non-reversible modification to frame (drilling or welding)
- Chain guard mount to the frame (if applicable)
- Other items listed in the limited warranty terms below
What is Covered on the E-bike Battery Limited Warranty?
Doheny Bike batteries are covered for manufacturing and workmanship problems on a prorated basis for a period of five years. Eligible batteries will be covered by providing a discount on a new replacement battery purchased directly from Doheny Bikes.
Here’s how your battery will be covered if a problem related to a manufacturing defect arises. This applies to the original owner only, as the warranty is not transferable.
- Year 1 or 2 after purchase. If you have a problem in your first two years of ownership, and it is confirmed as a defective battery, you will receive a replacement free of charge.
- Year 3. You will receive 40% off the purchase of a new battery.
- Year 4. You will receive 30% off the purchase of a new battery.
- Year 5. You will receive 20% off the purchase of a new battery.
Starting with your 6th year of original ownership, the battery is no longer covered.
Replacement Battery Warranty. Batteries purchased from Doheny Bikes at a prorated cost will have a new five year warranty based on the date of purchase.
Other conditions of this limited warranty:
- Batteries must be assessed and deemed defective only by Doheny Bikes.
- Batteries must be replaced through Doheny Bikes.
- No cash refunds or reimbursements will be made.
The limited warranty on the battery does not cover the following (in addition to the items in the Limited Warranty Terms below):
- Ordinary wear and tear
- Use of a charger not intended for or appropriate for this battery
- Batteries where seals are broken or show evidence of tampering
- If the battery has been used in equipment other than the bike it was sold with
Other components of the e-bike may be covered for the normal one year limited warranty coverage period.
Please see additional warranty details below.
LIMITED WARRANTY TERMS
All Doheny Bikes (“DB”) e-bikes (the “e-bike”), and their individual Covered Components (as defined herein), are protected against all manufacturing defects in material or workmanship for one (1) year after receipt of the e-bike by the customer, or up to 5 years for the frame and battery as described in this page (the “Warranty Period”). This Limited Warranty is only applicable to United States e-bike purchases and in accordance with the following terms:
- Only the original owner of an e-bike purchased from DB’s online or physical storefront is covered by this Limited Warranty. The Warranty Period begins upon your receipt of the e-bike and shall end immediately upon the earlier of the end of the Warranty Period or any sale or transfer of the e-bike to another person, and under no circumstances shall the Limited Warranty apply to any subsequent owner or other transferee of the e-bike.
- The Limited Warranty is expressly limited to the replacement of a defective lithium ion battery (the “Battery”), frame, forks, stem, handlebar, seat post, brakes, lights, bottom bracket, crank set, pedals, rims, wheel hub, freewheel, cassette, derailleur, shifter, motor, throttle, controller, wiring harness, LCD display, and hardware (each a “Covered Component”).
- The Covered Components are warranted to be free of defects in materials and/or workmanship during the Warranty Period.
This Limited Warranty Does Not Cover:
- Normal wear and tear of any Covered Component.
- Consumables or normal wear and tear parts (including without limitation tires, tubes, brake pads, cables and housing, grips, chain and spokes).
- Any damage or defects to Covered Components resulting from failure to follow instructions in the e-bike owner’s manual, acts of God, accident, misuse, neglect, abuse, commercial use, alterations, modification, improper assembly, installation of parts or accessories not originally intended or compatible with the e-bike as sold, operator error, water damage, extreme riding, stunt riding, or improper follow-up maintenance.
- For the avoidance of doubt, DB will not be liable and/or responsible for any damage, failure or loss caused by any unauthorized service or use of unauthorized parts.
- The Battery is not warranted from damage resulting from power surges, use of an improper charger, faulty home wiring, improper maintenance or other such misuse, normal wear or water damage.
- Any products sold by DB that is not an e-bike.
DETERMINING WHETHER DAMAGE OR DEFECT TO AN E-BIKE OR COVERED COMPONENT PROTECTED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE IN THE SOLE DISCRETION OF DB.
DB is not responsible for shipping damage caused by FedEx or UPS.
Credit Card Chargebacks:
If any e-bike purchase becomes subject to a credit card chargeback in any amount, and you are still in possession of the e-bike, then this Limited Warranty shall be invalidated until the credit card chargeback has been resolved.
DB WILL NOT REPLACE ANY COVERED COMPONENT UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY WITHOUT FIRST SEEING PHOTOS OR VIDEO OF THE DAMAGED COVERED COMPONENT.
In order to exercise your right to receive a replacement for a Covered Component under this Limited Warranty, you must:
- Contact the DB Technical Support team by completing the warranty repair request form on the warranty page of our website at https://dohenybike.com/pages/warranty.
- If the Technical Support team determines that a Covered Component must be replaced, they will contact you to arrange the repair at our facility or shipment of the Covered Component to you so that you may take it to a qualified repair facility.
THE REMEDIES DESCRIBED ABOVE ARE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND DB’S ENTIRE LIABILITY FOR ANY BREACH OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. DB’S LIABILITY SHALL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES EXCEED THE ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE E-BIKE, NOR SHALL DB UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOSSES, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, DB DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE FOR THE DURATION OF THIS EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1:Is the e-bike warranty transferable?
A1:No, the warranty only covers the original owner. If you sell your Doheny e-bike, the warranty will not cover the new buyer.
Q2:How long is your e-bike warranty coverage?
A2:For the frame and battery, the limited warranty goes five years from your purchase date. Other parts are covered as described in our Limited Warranty Terms for a one year period. The time period starts from the date your e-bike was delivered to you.
Q3:How do I get warranty service if I’m not near one of your locations?
A3:Just contact us and we’ll help coordinate shipping or a local source for warranty service.
Q4:How do I contact you for a warranty repair?
A4:It’s easy…just fill out the Warranty Repair Request form at the bottom of this page.
Q5:What if I have questions on the Doheny Bikes Warranty?
A5:Please feel free to call or email us with any questions about your e-bike or the warranty. We’re here to help!
Have questions on your Doheny e-bike or the warranty?
Get in touch with us!